I am so excited about teaching Sunday School tomorrow. I get to talk about a new way to understand Jesus. I made up this mnemonic device to help the children remember who and what Jesus did for all of us.
He Justifed
Eternally Redemed
Santicified
Utlimately
Saved us from sin.
Neat eh? The following are some Bible verses that reinforce these ideas. I still have to work on finding Old Testament verses.
Sanctified
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; Romans 3:25
And I will pray the
Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with
you for ever. John 14:16
He Justifed
Eternally Redemed
Santicified
Utlimately
Saved us from sin.
Neat eh? The following are some Bible verses that reinforce these ideas. I still have to work on finding Old Testament verses.
Justified
Much more then, being now justified by his
blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him Romans 5:9
Eternally Redeemed by
the Blood
For
He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2 Corinthians 5:21
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; Romans 3:25
|
I have been crucified with Christ; it
is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now
live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave
Himself for me.
|
|
Galatians 2:20
|
Father, Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. John 17:17
Ultimately
|
And if by grace, then it is no longer
of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no
longer grace; otherwise work
is no longer work.
|
|
Romans 11:6
|
Saved from eternal death
and judgment
8 But God
demonstrates his own love for us in that the Messiah died on our behalf while
we were still sinners. 9 Therefore, since
we have now come to be considered righteous by means of his bloody sacrificial
death, how much more will we be delivered through him from the anger of God’s
judgment! 10 For if we were reconciled with God through
his Son’s death when we were enemies, how much more will we be delivered by his
life, now that we are reconciled! Romans 5:8-11
The grape juice
is to symbolize redemption. It was apart
of the Passover meal. They had 4 small sips of it. One for each part of
deliverance. (1) "I will take you out of Egypt", (2) "I will
deliver you from Egyptian slavery", (3) "I will redeem you with a
demonstration of my power", and (4) "I will acquire you as a
nation". Exodus 6:6-7.
The juice is
symbolic of the blood from the lamb that was slain for our deliverance. We consume these elements with thanks giving
and appreciation for the cost. We also remember the greatness of our Redeemer.
26 Now as they
were eating, Jesus took bread and, [a]praising God, gave thanks and asked
Him to bless it to their use, and when He had broken it, He gave it to the
disciples and said, Take, eat; this is My body. 27 And He took a
cup, and when He had given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, Drink of it, all
of you;28 For this is My blood of the new
covenant, which [[b]ratifies the agreement and] is [c]being poured out for many for the
forgiveness of sins.
No comments:
Post a Comment