Tuesday, 2 April 2013

mint

The sun has invited me out to play and I have accepted the invitation yesterday. 





There is nothing quite like getting your hands dirty in order to remove garden pests- vegetation and creature pests. Both invade and destroy. But if the weeds are growing so can vegetables. So I am trying to get rid of the "baby" weeds at this time of year...before the vegetables are planted. I have also found a few left over beets, brussel sprouts and cabbage that never did really grow into anything edible. So I replanted them into the spaces where the weeds were and hope that the weeds do not grow back. 
  I had placed some composting material into all of my gardening pots. New dirt has been made  by the wonderful worms and so I am dumping that into the garden too and am hoping my harvest is this year is more then last year.
  Mint is amazing though. Nothing else really grows where there is mint. Slugs do no like mint. And it it edible. Last year I ate it in salads and placed some in olive oil and made a rubbing oil. You can place some in hot water and make tea as well.
   So it can be a great ground cover if you need any. I have started to place some in an "empty" space behind my house just to get rid of the weeds.
   So  a little plant can indeed change your life. 






No comments:

Post a Comment