Wednesday, 27 March 2013

updates from the garden and the kitchen.

It is getting difficult to find the time to sit and think. The sun is beckoning me outside.  So today I went to the beach and picked up some seaweed to help with the slug issue. I do not want that back again. It is rather interesting that a slug would rather eat what I eat then the buttercups that I need to discard. 
Talking about buttercups. I read that if I had clover growing that the buttercups would not grow. The book was wrong. The two plants do not mind each other. I planted beets with the brussel sprouts last year. Hoping for the best. Again nothing really happened. The slugs did find their way up the stem of the brussel sprout though and ate much of my "crop"
    My weight lost plan is not exactly  working out as desired. But I have decided to add some dancing moves to it.
   I am not sure how people are suppose to eat the buckwheat every day. My version is mixed with rice (brown or red or black), barley. This is a nice and economical mix.  Then with this I sometimes add cooked kale, onions etc. Very nice anytime of day. 

  If you can get a hold of Golgi berries or wolf-berries please do so. They are very good for you. I try to eat about a 1/4 cup each day. I often place them in boiling water and then turn off the heat. I am not sure what this does to the Vitamin C content but the rest of the vitamins, minerals, and proteins are not affected.  I put some in the oatmeal or the smoothie. I have tried it in the tomato sauce but  my daughter was not into that too much.

I have ripped up some more "dead" clothes and am commencing to sew the strips together and make a ball. Then I will knit the ball into a  rug and then turn the rug into a bag or something more useful. It does take a lot of time. I have sewed them by hand and now I have found an old sewing machine that does the trick.  It is going a little faster now.  If I keep the darn thing threaded!!

I have also continued with making the hair pieces from the bobby pins. I am able to get supplies for a great price from EBay. Now to make some money from selling these things. I am so ready to give them away then to sell them.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment