Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Praising and healing

  Are you looking for a new experience with God. Are you getting bored with church? I was. So I started to teach as a teenager. Now that I am older I am looking for more again. A more real experience. A  real relationship with the Almighty God. I want to see the angels other talk about. Actually, I just want to see people healed.   I would like a relationship as Moses, Abraham, Peter, Samson, James, John had. Full of faith without doubt. 
But I say these names and realize these names also have moments of doubt. Even Peter- he knew Jesus. He ate with Him, joked with him, watched the miracles that came from his hands. The Almighty God of the Universe was there and still Peter did not understand. Crazy. If you were with Jesus what would you do? I think I would have ran to Jesus when he said come.

  Funny thing... Jesus is here with you today. He is not only here on the outside, He is here on the inside too.   As Christ is so are we in this world (1 John 4:17) I love this verse.
  I am still trying to understand the full impact of these words though as I visit with those who are sick. But as I move into that room of illness I feel the empowering of Jesus in that circumstance. 

I use to think that disease was a consequence of not obeying the Laws of Nature. Not so much now. I now see it as place to meet God. The creator does not need organic food, a vegetarian diet in order to heal. He will show you what you need to eat. He will direct you.  And sometimes it is difficult to talk to the Almighty when we just had a stroke or have Alzheimer's . That is what friends are for.   
As we pray for our friends and family we need to also include thanks giving. Sometimes that is where we need to start. We do not need to feel thankful for the  heart attack that our friend had. That is not what we are thanking God for. We are thanking God for his power, life, our breath, our mother who gave us birth. Just do it.  After the "forcing" of praise you will see things change. The gates of heaven will open.  You may not see the changes right away but they will come.
 God is waiting for us to bring our friends to him in prayer. The more that people pray and give thanks the better it is.  Pray for your governments. Pray for freedom from debt.  Bondage comes in many different forms. 

  I have yet to come into a place of bagging Satan. I would like the courage to bound Satan, to curse his diseases. To take away his power in my community.   That is on the addenda though. I want to see more of His Goodness and more of His Love for the lost.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment