I have finally taken my fist sip of dandelion tea. My plants in my yard seem a little small as I had transplanted them from my lawn into my garden. I was unable to grab most of the root. But the part that I did grab is now growing.
I still find it uncomfortable to be growing a crop of dandelions on purpose. They were always considered to be a weed and not worthy of "cropping" just good for the garbage.
Everyday there is new findings about this common "weed." Now they are looking to the the roots as a cure for cancer as it kills the caner cells in the petry dish inside the lab. I am not sure what they will find- but if it encourages weight loss and obesity is one cause for cancer so it is useful in preventing cancer if not as a cure. It is also used for arthritis and joint pain. The lowly weed has also cured skin problems and blood issues. There is so much more to this plant.
I guess the Chinese were onto something 3,000 years ago. One of the main thing that these roots do is to help the liver do it's job in digesting the fats we consume. It helps with increasing bile production as well. Even the white sap that gets onto your hands as you pick the blossoms is apparently good for wart removal.
I have made my way to a health food shop as Dandelion Tea is not available in the regular shopping stores. I have bought my first box of dandelion tea. And now I am looking forward to the healthy benefits of this bitter tasting tea. I have brewed it with the cinnamon tea that I have kept until now.
I still find it uncomfortable to be growing a crop of dandelions on purpose. They were always considered to be a weed and not worthy of "cropping" just good for the garbage.
Everyday there is new findings about this common "weed." Now they are looking to the the roots as a cure for cancer as it kills the caner cells in the petry dish inside the lab. I am not sure what they will find- but if it encourages weight loss and obesity is one cause for cancer so it is useful in preventing cancer if not as a cure. It is also used for arthritis and joint pain. The lowly weed has also cured skin problems and blood issues. There is so much more to this plant.
I have made my way to a health food shop as Dandelion Tea is not available in the regular shopping stores. I have bought my first box of dandelion tea. And now I am looking forward to the healthy benefits of this bitter tasting tea. I have brewed it with the cinnamon tea that I have kept until now.
No comments:
Post a Comment