Friday, 30 November 2012

Flour and water

Equal parts of water and flour. 1cup of water and 1 cup of flour can make a wonderful dough. Just keep moving it together with your hands. I had no idea until my husband's late uncle showed me.
 Just don't give up until you do have the type of dough that you can roll out. I had thought I needed to add oil to the mixture or even salt. But I was wrong. I had thought that flour + water = glue and not dough.

I was reminded of this recipe as my husband was in search of a meal that his Russian Grandmother had made. It is sort of like a porgy without the potato. Seasoned meat only. My husband added onions, garlic, salt and pepper to the meat in the frying pan.
 Meanwhile I had rolled the dough into a "snake" like shape. He then sliced the dough side ways and then rolled that out.  
Then he spooned the meat mixture into the the middle of the flatten dough. He then brought in the edges like the porgy  and deep fried it.



No comments:

Post a Comment