Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Free post-secondary education

I am not sure who reads this blog. But if you know any teenagers who are interested in studying in Canada and does not have the funds there might be a scholarship for them. This would mean a free education here. Many other countries offer them as well. While I was in Norway going to a folk high school- I was given extra funds once a month to help with the tuition. All the foreign students were.We were also all given a TB inoculation as well but that is another story. My sister was also able to find one at Princeton University in New Jersey. We do not usually consider scholarships when planning for university.
 There are several websites that list the numerous ones available. One is  http://www.scholarshipscanada.com, and another is http://www.studentawards.com/. If you or your children, or relatives can go to school for free this is the better route. Student loans need to be paid back. But scholarships do not. And another one is http://www.educationau-incanada.ca/educationau-incanada/scholarships_bourses.aspx?view=d.  There are more. This is just the tip of the iceberg. 


No comments:

Post a Comment