Saturday, 11 August 2012

Famous Art

I had another idea for making money for a one person company operating in the backyard.. magnetic art. Old calendars, postcards-photo copied masterworks will work. Place on small pieces cardboard (2" x2") and seal it with tape or clear acrylic sealer. Add a magnetic "sticker" and sell somewhere for $1 or $2.
   That is how a lot of famous and rich people survived the last depression in America/ Canada.. selling something for a really good deal...It is easier to sell something for $1 to 500 people then to sell 1 item for $500. That is why movie theaters are always filled on 1/2 price day. The music industry is based on the $20 record sales as well. 
  I would suggest selecting uncommon art pieces from your country. I am not sure about copy write laws in your countries but in Canada the artist needs to have stopped breathing for 50 years before the artist's work is in the public domain. And also the photo taker, or the publisher may own the copy-write. I would suggest using older works of art from the 1800's or .... 
  There is a company in Ontario who has done this on a major scale. I am not sure if they are still in business it was a while ago. But it was neat to go there and find a masterpiece for my refrigerator's door. 
Try photo copying favorite postcards and enlarging them and cutting up the results to isolate the features you like. Black and whites are good as well and adding your own colour later- highlighting what you think is a feature. When you are doing the coping do not forget to acknowledge the original artist and his/her name for the piece. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment