Monday, 30 July 2012

Portioning time

Portioning out time for new projects can be tricky. I have yet to make 100 place -mats/trays. I am close though. But as I cut the paper and weave it together, I am trying to increase my pace. So the paper strips are getting wider and the longer so it is easier to complete. No wonder my kids were struggling with the project! 

I am also including the time needed to complete one place-mat. So what would I expect from a $5.00 purchase? 

Also who is my market? My neighborhood holds many different ethnic groups but the main one is from India. There are about 5 Sikh Temples within a  5 mile radius. So I will have to include some of their historical painters too, and not just the Canadians I am familiar with and would like to promote.
 
So I have come to the conclusion that the #1 thing that I will need to focus more on the final painting rather then the weaving. The painting is what matters. So I need to increase my speed by enlarging my strips.

It is bizarre that I have not thought about this before now. I could have done this years ago. Oh well, I guess I was not in the right place or the right frame of mind. Strange how distracting the TV can be, eh? That is why I go outside- the TV does not follow me. That is also why I am up so early no TV, or other distractions.


No comments:

Post a Comment