I am sure glad that God does not give up on us. These three were running from God. Moses and Jonah for sure where in another place. And Peter went there with his words of denial. I wonder what Judas would have done if he had waited two more days. I think he would have found forgiveness as well.
In the past many people just saw the as "nice" literature. But every line that is in there is truth. Even the poetry is based on truth. I do not need to believe that it is fact, because it is fact.
Once I was told that there was only science or faith. I had to chose between accepting the scientific world of measurable reality or the story world of the Bible. I was 14 years old. I choose the Bible. I knew it was the truth. God did not give his people a book of lies. The contradictions come with not understanding the original landscape, languages and customs. And so the more we know the true it is.
Moses was wondering with his wife and kids for the 40 years before he actually led the nation of Israel. I wonder why he did not have an Egyptian wife. He was in the royal family for 40 years. You think he would have married by that age.
No one chased him out of Egypt. Only his own guilt took him away. I wonder why he stopped in Midian. Or was it he chanced to find this beautiful girl at the well.
Do you think it was Moses dream to lead his family back home? Why had no one taken the bones of Joseph home?
Do you ever wonder what is written and what is not written in the Bible? And the whys? Why was not the name of the pharaohs included but the different names of the kings were? Why do we have to guess? Is there a deeper meaning to the exclusion. Or is it hinted at?
Names of places were included in Exodus that have long since been changed. Even the landscape has.In the past many people just saw the as "nice" literature. But every line that is in there is truth. Even the poetry is based on truth. I do not need to believe that it is fact, because it is fact.
Once I was told that there was only science or faith. I had to chose between accepting the scientific world of measurable reality or the story world of the Bible. I was 14 years old. I choose the Bible. I knew it was the truth. God did not give his people a book of lies. The contradictions come with not understanding the original landscape, languages and customs. And so the more we know the true it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment