The most common avocado is the Hass avocado. It accounts for 80% of the retail avocados bought in the world. And all of them are descended form the cuttings of a single tree owned by Rudolph Hass, a mail carrier who lived in California. In 1935 Hass noticed that the tree of an unknown lineage produced fruit all year round. So he patented it and sold its cuttings. An average tree will produce 500 fruits in a year.
Wow, eh. When I read this I had to share this information.I found this information in Uncle John's 24 Karat Gold Bathroom Reader. Talk about a goose that lays the "golden egg". The original tree died in 1995- so that is 30 years of giving.
Wow, eh. When I read this I had to share this information.I found this information in Uncle John's 24 Karat Gold Bathroom Reader. Talk about a goose that lays the "golden egg". The original tree died in 1995- so that is 30 years of giving.
No comments:
Post a Comment