Saturday, 9 June 2012

Rag rugs-an old time recycling revisited

Today I was reminded of a greater knitter his name is Kaffe Fassett. He also makes wonderful quilts too. His patterns are breathe taking. he does also interriors. he comes highly recommended from your library. I have decided to delve into the area of rag rugs. I have had many shirts, t-shirts, skirts, pants that have been stained by cooking grease and bleach. I have a few that the kids have grown out of as well. I have kept a lot of them and given some to my husband as rags for the car. Yesterday I started my adventure by ripping up the old clothes into 2" strips. I had some material from a quilt that has yet to materialize....so it has been converted. so today I will continue to rip and and arrange the colors that I will use. I also think I scan knit with the balls of the rags.

No comments:

Post a Comment