My rag rug project is progressing nicely. I had to undo the knots that I first used to connect all the strips with. Very fun. I was so happy with my progress. But when I began to knit the knots it was not so easy.
So now I am sewing the strips by hand. This is easier to knit for sure but it takes time. I am finding that the strips want to curl up constantly so as I roll the strips into balls this time they are flatter and more ready for the next step. But now as I undo the the knots I am rearranging the strips and the colours. I am happier now with the combinations.
Yesterday, as I was sewing the strips I realized my children could also sew and I will be recruiting them this summer.
It is an interesting progress. The resulting rug is heavier then I was expecting.
Then we can dye the results if we don't like them. Cotton is easier to dye then wool. But wool is water proof. And now as I am sewing I can sew in the outside edges as well so it will look more professional.
No comments:
Post a Comment