Another tip for a long marriage do not let the sun go down on your anger. And sometimes there is no correct answer to the disagreement. And maybe the other spouse is indeed wrong. But it is up to you to open the dialogue after the heart and head is closed to new ideas.
The Book of Proverbs says "If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat: and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; for so you will heap coals of fire on his head, and the Lord will reward you." Proverbs 25:21,22 So that is what I have done. I start to massage his head when he is angry with me or with life. Then his shoulders. Or sometimes I start at the shoulders. Shoulders carry his weary head. Soon we are talking again.
It is hard to resist a shoulder rub. Words are not the only way of communicating.
I also massage his feet on a daily basis. I have done this for a long time.
Keep the lion satisfied.
No comments:
Post a Comment