Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Water

Water is necessary for life. Without water there is nothing. I wonder if the current obesity problem in North America is because we do not drink enough unsweetened liquid. It is ready at our taps in our kitchen, bathroom. Some experts believe that the invention of the washing machine has been the greatest  creation in the kitchen and women's liberation. I think personally it was the hand pump.
Having clean water available for heating, drinking, washing etc. saved many from diseases, starvation and thirst.The cook did not have to wait on the children to bring the water. The kids were free for other chores, school work.
The 8 cups of water per day rule was created in the 1930's I believe. I am not sure why that was decided as the optimum number. I will find out.
Talking about food, did you know the reason for the separate dairy group on the 5 food groups is because the Dairy Farmers sponsored it. I love cheese. Am I am glad it was created. But we do not need dairy to live well- we need the protein, carbohydrates, oils, fiber, and water.
Call to action: more liquid and less sugar .

No comments:

Post a Comment