Friday, 12 August 2011

Libraries and outdoor activities

Other ways to save money is to read a book. And the best place to read a "free" book is the library. I loved the library as a child as do my children. when I was about 9 years old we lived in a place in northern Manitoba, in a place called The Pas. The town had moved the fire hall and so had this empty building. It became the library. I thought it was so huge at the time. I have been in larger ones since. But right then I realized the importance of books ( knowledge) to the community.
Thinking about The Pas, reminds me about ice fishing. The hole in the ice and the waiting. We did not have the huts that people have now. It was just a cold way of spending time as a community. Have you ever been tobogganing? this one winter activity is fun as there is more action. First you need a hill with lots of snow/ice and something to sit on.. A toboggan is best. And then you sit and slid down. Very fun. I am sure it can be done on grass. I am not sure about sand though.  In Thunder Bay, there was this park-it was a memorial to the "Lumber Jacks". As part of this park's exhibit were these two slides that were iced in the winter. Those were very fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment