Sunday, 14 August 2016

How to start tithing and saving








I am approaching the big five oh (50) I am looking at my life and my bank account and see nothing but experience with a little wisdom added in.

Even though I have worked there is nothing to show for it for over 35 years on and off.
So it is time to change up the numbers displayed in my savings account. 

Image result for savings envelopesI have decided to take one small step. I started to begin by isolating a portion of my pay cheque from the general funds for living. I now have an evelope in my sock drawer to hold the dollar bills. Last payday I put in it 3 different bills. It was interesting how I felt when I first did it. I was scared and feeling insecure. I reserved $50 and I had $500 to spend on everything else. I thought that did not have enough. I thought I had to give it away and no longer had access to it. I was thinking I needed it more then the Lord. But the Lord said He did not need it so I kept it in the drawer.

 I did end up using a portion of the money in week 2 but I did not use all of it.  And I felt better. Just knowing that I had a little saved for another meal really took the fear away. I was surprized. I have broken the cycle of poverty thinking. That theory of not having enough had brought me to several pay day loan places a few years ago. The credit card companies also thrive on this concept. 
 Had I been doing this from 30 years ago, I would not have my gold at the pawn shop waiting for "my ship to come in".

It is funny how easy it is to spend and give our money away but to save it takes more mental effort.




No comments:

Post a Comment