Saturday, 19 September 2015

Changing of the Seasons



Just placed my summer harvests of dandelion, yarrow, pineapple weed into "tea bags" for winter storage. Now that the fall rains have come it is like the garden has renewed it's efforts. I wish there was a way to harness the solar power and distribute it more effectively throughout the year. 
You can store rain water why not solar power? Oh well.

There are a few winners from the light rain and heavy sun. One is my horseradish. I keep having to trim the leaves in order for the mint to get some sun. 

The potatoes, and the lettuces have come back. The purslane loved the sun.  Low to the ground it made the most of the heat and limited moisture no mater how many times I walked on it with out noticing. I will try to freeze some this year. Maybe make some sort of jam?




No comments:

Post a Comment