This question has started to haunt me. As a child growing up I have repeated this slogan..I am a Christian and I am saved from sin. As this is true what does it mean? Things to need to get clear as I talk to my own kids about being a follower of Christ. And I personally want to only talk truth.
After thinking about it I have come to the conclusion that we are saved not from sin .... but saved from the judgement of God the Father. We are still sinners even though we have received the baptism of Christ. We are still human after all. But as we begin to behold
Christ- read the Word of God(in the Bible) and listen to His voice our minds, our actions become more God like.
The word sin is actually an archery word and it means "to miss the mark" as in to miss the bull's eye. We will continue to miss the mark in our present existence. I was wondering how this would work and what is the point of salvation if "good works" does not get us saved. We could keep all 613 laws but only one person did this and he was God in Human form... Jesus. The chances of me keeping all of the laws is not so good. Obeying the first 10 commandments is hard enough forget about the next 603.
Some people would like to baptise us in water as they believe this will get us into heaven. But the Christian tradition of adult water baptism is not unique. Other religions incorporate this tradition too including the Jewish faith. But the blood baptism of Christ is what makes the Christian unique. But 1 John 2:2 explains the difference..
After thinking about it I have come to the conclusion that we are saved not from sin .... but saved from the judgement of God the Father. We are still sinners even though we have received the baptism of Christ. We are still human after all. But as we begin to behold
Christ- read the Word of God(in the Bible) and listen to His voice our minds, our actions become more God like.
The word sin is actually an archery word and it means "to miss the mark" as in to miss the bull's eye. We will continue to miss the mark in our present existence. I was wondering how this would work and what is the point of salvation if "good works" does not get us saved. We could keep all 613 laws but only one person did this and he was God in Human form... Jesus. The chances of me keeping all of the laws is not so good. Obeying the first 10 commandments is hard enough forget about the next 603.
Some people would like to baptise us in water as they believe this will get us into heaven. But the Christian tradition of adult water baptism is not unique. Other religions incorporate this tradition too including the Jewish faith. But the blood baptism of Christ is what makes the Christian unique. But 1 John 2:2 explains the difference..
2 And He [[a]that same Jesus Himself] is the propitiation (the atoning sacrifice) for our sins, and not for ours alone but also for [the sins of] the whole world.
And because Christ has taken our punishment for our sins we are perfect in the eyes of God.
There is so much to share with you, seekers of the truth. I will write again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment