Re cycling can take many forms.
I like to recycle fabrics as in old sheets and old t-shirts.
I always felt guilty for throwing out holey, stained shirts. I no longer feel guilty as I cut them up and turn them into rugs. I like to knit but the price of real wool is a little pricey for me at the moment. So I took the rags -cut them into strips and knotted their ends together. The sheets I sew together the t-shirts get knotted.
If the t-shirts/sheets are not the colour that I need I will dye them.
The rags will then get knitted into rugs. I have made a few over the past year.
With rugs I don't have to worry about sizing or the allergies to wool. The receiver only has to decide if it is a covering for a pillow, a chair or the floor.
I enjoy doing this craft as I have control over the end results.
The variety is also nice to see.
I have saved my husband's pants for over 10 years.
The tree of Prosperity, as found in Psalm 1:3.
I like to recycle fabrics as in old sheets and old t-shirts.
I always felt guilty for throwing out holey, stained shirts. I no longer feel guilty as I cut them up and turn them into rugs. I like to knit but the price of real wool is a little pricey for me at the moment. So I took the rags -cut them into strips and knotted their ends together. The sheets I sew together the t-shirts get knotted.
If the t-shirts/sheets are not the colour that I need I will dye them.
| Cutting the sheets |
| placing the rags in the pot for dyeing |
| adding the dye |
| drain and remove the rags |
The rags will then get knitted into rugs. I have made a few over the past year.
With rugs I don't have to worry about sizing or the allergies to wool. The receiver only has to decide if it is a covering for a pillow, a chair or the floor.
I enjoy doing this craft as I have control over the end results.
The variety is also nice to see.
I have saved my husband's pants for over 10 years.
| the "ball of wool" |
| sewing together of the strips. |
| one of my first attempt at the rugs. |
| my mixed up strips |
| my current theme of rugs |
| the back side of the rug |
Everytime I knit this rug I am amazed that it comes out so nice. Each stich comes together in the final picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment