Friday, 6 December 2013

Making Money- recycling

Another source of revenue in your home is from your canned food. Instead of donating your cans to the government you can collect your own- rise them and remove the paper wrapper and take them down to the local metal recycler and actually receive some money for them.
   I am not sure of the return on 1 can but they are made of  steel. And steel is being bought by your local recycler. 

And while you are collecting your steel cans you can also start to collect your aluminum cans as well. I am not referring to the pop cans but to the spray cans of your room deodorizer, your whip cream, your hair sprays, body sprays...all aerosol cans are made from aluminum (or steal), You will need to poke a small hole in the side of them with a nail just to allow the remaining gas to escape before to take them in as well as remove the plastic tip. I am sure you could also bring in your pop cans as well at the same time and place. 

Also any aluminum food containers, old "tin foil" can all be  thrown in the bin for a small return.

So many things to recycle in your home. You can  take old sheets turn and turn them into shirts, pajamas, towels. Even broken pottery can be used as mosaics or stepping stones.
Old Christmas ornaments have silver in them too.

   I have not recycled ornaments yet but we are recycling electronics that others are throwing away.  I separate the different components and then take them into the recycler. The government has set up their own depot but they are not paying me to help them. So I consider it a donation. I rather donate the money to the charity of my choice. Anyway, if the criminal minded folks can make money this way so can I.  
   I have not  started to use any of the chemicals recommended to separate the gold and silver from the plastic and steel parts. My husband and 12 year old use a drill and screw driver for the most part. They have kept back the mother boards from the various computerized things we have picked up. The mother boards are in microwaves, tvs, sound systems, remotes, as well as computers, printers. That is where the gold and silver are. 

So any thing that is shiny -silver or gold, brass, copper, tin, aluminum can be a source of additional income for your home, church, or other charity.  And there is no age restriction either.



                                     Or you could make yourself a house from the garbage!!
 








No comments:

Post a Comment