Yesterday was Remembrance Day in Canada. We pause to remember the warriors who left home to bring peace in a very troubled world. We remember the purpose of wars- to stop the tyrants from controlling our futures.
Individuals and complete strangers gave up their futures for mine. Our nations today are the inheritance of this sacrifice. They felt I and my generation was worth fighting for.
And how do we honor that sacrifice? Often, most of us whine about the smallest details and wonder how to get another dollar to pay the creditor. I use to be there too wondering in the wilderness.
I have come to the place in my mind that I no longer need the "security" of a credit card.- I am therefore no longer worshiping Mammon. I have asked our Heavenly Father to cancel my debt and I believe that he has sent his angels with this assignment.
The sacrifice and pain of the families of the warriors needs to honoured in our lives. We can use their examples for us in our daily life and I know society will be better when it is our turn to go and meet our Maker.
Individuals and complete strangers gave up their futures for mine. Our nations today are the inheritance of this sacrifice. They felt I and my generation was worth fighting for.
And how do we honor that sacrifice? Often, most of us whine about the smallest details and wonder how to get another dollar to pay the creditor. I use to be there too wondering in the wilderness.
I have come to the place in my mind that I no longer need the "security" of a credit card.- I am therefore no longer worshiping Mammon. I have asked our Heavenly Father to cancel my debt and I believe that he has sent his angels with this assignment.
The sacrifice and pain of the families of the warriors needs to honoured in our lives. We can use their examples for us in our daily life and I know society will be better when it is our turn to go and meet our Maker.
No comments:
Post a Comment