Thursday, 27 June 2013

The Love Feast

 Communion, the Lord's Supper, Eucharist, the Passover Meal are all the same meal. The Salvation Army has placed a different twist on them and considers each meal that we partake with others is indeed the Lord's Meal and we are in communion already when we are communing with others at the table. So Communion  in the Salvation Army looks like a pot-luck lunch after church. It is a good scenario  and definitely more filling then a cracker and 1/4 cup of juice!

But I have come across another totally different way of part taking of this final meal of Christ. I personally would like to change the title of this act of worship. I would like to introduce the true Passover Meal. It is not only the healing blood of the Lamb but it is also the perfect body of the Lamb that we are eating. 
And when we drink of the new wine(grape juice) we are accepting the Loving provision of our Heavenly Father. Provision that will allow us to met with him and have true fellowship and communication with him. There is a unity that comes from this activity. 
And when we eat the of the perfect "body" of Christ we are accepting His perfect parts for our imperfect pieces. We are encouraged to pray for the sick and ill around us during this time. That we may ingest on their behalf as well the perfect piece that we are asking our father to heal. So each bite of cracker has a different label.
 I personally take about 4 crackers and a 1/2 cup of juice and go into my "prayer" room and talk to God. 

Another name for this meal is the Love Feast. And somehow this is the true meaning. We can do this in private or in public of course. But if we do it in public we must remember that any Christian can administer it and not only a priest or elder. As we all have equal positions in the kingdom of God. We are all called to show the Love of the Good Shepard to others.  And in public it is generally not a time to pray for all the sick ones around you with 4 or 5 crackers. 

Perhaps a group of friends are gathered together and praying for one person to be healed. That is a good place for each one to participate in a love feast on behalf of the sick one.   
There is no need to keep the Passover in one place, with certain people, or in a certain order. 

Christ came to take away not only the sins of the world but also the way of the Law. We are to listen to him and to do things his way.
Mark 9: 2 Six days later Jesus took Peter, James, and John, and brought them to the top of a very high mountain where they were alone. He was transformed in front of them, 3 and his clothes were amazingly bright, brighter than if they had been bleached white. 4 Elijah and Moses appeared and were talking with Jesus. 5 Peter reacted to all of this by saying to Jesus, “Rabbi, it’s good that we’re here. Let’s make three shrines—one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” 6 He said this because he didn’t know how to respond, for the three of them were terrified.
7 Then a cloud overshadowed them, and a voice spoke from the cloud, “This is my Son, whom I dearly love. Listen to him!” 8 Suddenly, looking around, they no longer saw anyone with them except Jesus.
And when we are in relationship with Christ we walking in Grace. And when we are in Grace we will no longer have the "urge" to disobey. We will keep the law and show the fruit of the Spirit as described in Galatians 5:22,23    "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against things like this."  

I love living this way. I am living a happier life as I am already a daughter of the King of Kings. And so are you if you accept the blood of Christ. I no longer have to prove that I am worthy of his blessings. I am starting to expect Christ to show up where ever I am and that he wants to heal those around me.  

I am still praying for healing for my friend with Alzheimer's. But I have met with her daughter and hopefully have touched her as well and removed some of the guilt she might be feeling. The whole nursing facility knows my friend... so when God decides to heal her most of my Community will know.  Her husband is no longer depressed and now he is cracking jokes. He is encouraging me to be "all that God wants me to be". So maybe those around her needed to be touched before her so we will be ready for miracle that will occur soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment