Friday, 3 May 2013

international (woman) Mother's Day

marigold
In order to celebrate international Woman's day-Mother's day I have decided to make as many edible plant pots as possible.  I have bought the seeds, started them and now I can re-pot them and give them all away.
I love it when I can give stuff away. 
impatiens
My husband is not so open. He is a generous fellow.  I don't know if it is in his blood or not. But as a child I was thinking I would like to marry me a Native Canadian. We are not sure that he is or isn't. The main reason I was attacked to the First Nations members is their generosity.  They helped so many to live here in this land of Canada. 
violets
 So the seeds and soil and old plastic pots is a compromise.  The receivers can re-pot them into a prettier place.  And my own mother will be happy as she will get one as well.  Too bad seed packages do not mention if the flowers inside the seeds in the packages are edible or not.  But maybe  this is for the better as they would have to increase the price.



One thing that all women have in common- they can all mother a plant no matter if you are physically able to have children or not.   There is also a role for aunts, and aunties in this world. People to encourage young ladies are so very needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment