I have kept track of my spending over the past few years. It is become so much easier with the computer programs. I went into bankruptcy about 18 years ago. I had a hard time paying back a student loan. I did not finish my university degree. I think I was too focused on the debt.
One of the ideas that the debt counselors tell their clients is to keep track of the spending. Keep an eye on the income and out flow. I have been doing that ever since.
At the end of the year I also tally up the expenses for the solid investments-like cars, gas, office supplies etc. I had to do this for our own business... a home renovation company. I have enjoyed this as well for the past 8 years. And even though my husband is working for another company I am still keeping track of the expenses.
I list the plan for the income at the beginning of the month and then each week I add the receipts and see if they match up or not. I enjoy looking at the plans being fulfilled.
Before it just a "duty" to keep track. I was curious even though I almost felt as if I had no control of what we spent money on. But now as I am thinking about it, I can not only see what physical things we have I can also see God's blessing.
Money is a measure of energy. It is also used to purchase items. And if we are using credit and/or credit cards we are paying others(interest) for the use of our money. Or in other words we are giving away our energy for their benefit. Are we also giving away our blessings?...I am not sure about that at this moment. We are diffidently including the credit companies in our blessing.
The Bible recommends that we do not borrow as the " The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender." Proverbs 22:7. I have meditated on this verse lately and wonder what it really means. We believe we have more power when we are approved for more credit and yet the Bible says we do not. I have been there. I have enjoyed the increase of my credit limit like most people. But now I need to pay it back with interest and the fun is gone.
There would be no debt crisis if we had no credit cards. If we are satisfied with the incomes we receive there would be no need for debt. More stuff does not mean more happiness. More stuff means more responsibly and perhaps less joy. Happiness is homemade inside. Joy comes from a healing peace and not a toy. Joy comes the grace of God in the form of Jesus.
I have come to understand that the credit card companies would like us to have believe that we have more power then we really do. Even if this fantasy only lasts for a few weeks until the bill comes. Is it a lie from hell. Perhaps.
But we as Christians have the antidote for the illusion of credit power...it is found in Jesus...
"For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him". 2 Corinthians 5:21- Thus All that Jesus is before the Father — His righteousness, beauty and perfection — has been transferred to you.
There is no credit card here it is an actual transfer of funds. So if Jesus is healthy- So am I in this world. If Jesus is rich -so am I in this world. And we know that Jesus is healthy so we can be too. This is the promise and fulfillment of Jesus. Start to repeat these words in your daily work. You will see a transformation. You too will start to count your blessings. You will see changes in your health and financial life.
It has taken me the better part of this year to come to tell you this. Grace has become real to me and it is no longer just a song. It can be yours as well.
One of the ideas that the debt counselors tell their clients is to keep track of the spending. Keep an eye on the income and out flow. I have been doing that ever since.
At the end of the year I also tally up the expenses for the solid investments-like cars, gas, office supplies etc. I had to do this for our own business... a home renovation company. I have enjoyed this as well for the past 8 years. And even though my husband is working for another company I am still keeping track of the expenses.
I list the plan for the income at the beginning of the month and then each week I add the receipts and see if they match up or not. I enjoy looking at the plans being fulfilled.
Before it just a "duty" to keep track. I was curious even though I almost felt as if I had no control of what we spent money on. But now as I am thinking about it, I can not only see what physical things we have I can also see God's blessing.
Money is a measure of energy. It is also used to purchase items. And if we are using credit and/or credit cards we are paying others(interest) for the use of our money. Or in other words we are giving away our energy for their benefit. Are we also giving away our blessings?...I am not sure about that at this moment. We are diffidently including the credit companies in our blessing.
The Bible recommends that we do not borrow as the " The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender." Proverbs 22:7. I have meditated on this verse lately and wonder what it really means. We believe we have more power when we are approved for more credit and yet the Bible says we do not. I have been there. I have enjoyed the increase of my credit limit like most people. But now I need to pay it back with interest and the fun is gone.
There would be no debt crisis if we had no credit cards. If we are satisfied with the incomes we receive there would be no need for debt. More stuff does not mean more happiness. More stuff means more responsibly and perhaps less joy. Happiness is homemade inside. Joy comes from a healing peace and not a toy. Joy comes the grace of God in the form of Jesus.
I have come to understand that the credit card companies would like us to have believe that we have more power then we really do. Even if this fantasy only lasts for a few weeks until the bill comes. Is it a lie from hell. Perhaps.
But we as Christians have the antidote for the illusion of credit power...it is found in Jesus...
"For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him". 2 Corinthians 5:21- Thus All that Jesus is before the Father — His righteousness, beauty and perfection — has been transferred to you.
There is no credit card here it is an actual transfer of funds. So if Jesus is healthy- So am I in this world. If Jesus is rich -so am I in this world. And we know that Jesus is healthy so we can be too. This is the promise and fulfillment of Jesus. Start to repeat these words in your daily work. You will see a transformation. You too will start to count your blessings. You will see changes in your health and financial life.
It has taken me the better part of this year to come to tell you this. Grace has become real to me and it is no longer just a song. It can be yours as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment