Thursday, 22 November 2012

Praising and Dancing

  Lord of the Dance! I have been thinking about this song for a few days now. I am glad that the Irish Micheal Flately has taken this song and made a dancing phenomenon of it.  I think it is a neat way to worship the Almighty King of Kings.  I personally like the Celtic music with the fiddles and the dancing. It is happy music for the most part.  The east coast of Canada has many Celtic Groups. Leahy and the Bar McNeails are also other musical groups that begs your feet to dance. 


A new phenomenon can be found in India. They call their dance Bhangra dance. I have no idea what they are saying but the movements include the whole body. It looks an exciting way to praise the Creator of all of us.  Their dances reflect their words. They illustrate the words with their movements.  Some are in English. If you are getting bored with the traditional songs and need some spice look into it.
 I found a Christian group it is called "Heart of the City". They are out of the United States and the songs are in English so you will know why your feet are twitching. 



Lord Of The Dance
I danced in the morning when the world was young
I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun
I came down from heaven and I danced on the earth
At Bethlehem I had my birth

Dance, dance, wherever you may be

I am the lord of the dance, said he
And I lead you all, wherever you may be
And I lead you all in the dance, said he


I danced for the scribes and the Pharisees

They wouldn't dance, they wouldn't follow me
I danced for the fishermen James and John
They came with me so the dance went on

Dance, dance, wherever you may be

I am the lord of the dance, said he
And I lead you all, wherever you may be
And I lead you all in the dance, said he


I danced on the Sabbath and I cured the lame

The holy people said it was a shame
They ripped, they stripped, they hung me high
Left me there on the cross to die

Dance, dance, wherever you may be

I am the lord of the dance, said he
And I lead you all, wherever you may be
And I lead you all in the dance, said he

I danced on a Friday when the world turned black

It's hard to dance with the devil on your back
They buried my body, they thought I was gone
But I am the dance, and the dance goes on

Dance, dance, wherever you may be

I am the lord of the dance, said he
And I lead you all, wherever you may be
And I lead you all in the dance, said he


They cut me down and I leapt up high

I am the life that will never, never die
I'll live in you if you'll live in me
I am the Lord of the dance, said he

Dance, dance, wherever you may be

I am the lord of the dance, said he
And I lead you all, wherever you may be
And I lead you all in the dance, said he

No comments:

Post a Comment