Friday, 12 October 2012

A restful sleeep

I was listening to Dr. Oz yesterday and found out that  a lot of ladies use Melatonin to fall asleep on a regular basis. I was surprised and shocked.  I just put my head down and sleep comes. On occasion I do have a sleepless night. On those nights I just use 2 headache removers. And I go back to sleep. But the ladies on the show used the Melatonin regularly. Those sleepless nights are very few.

God has given us a few answers for a sleepless night. One is forced relaxation of the muscles. Dr. Oz's guest showed the audience how to do this. Starting at the forehead and going down to the toes he instructed everyone to tighten and then relax the separate muscle groups. 

But no one mentioned the diet. I have found that if I have some sort of sweet snack after 5:00pm that I wake up slow. I no longer eat after supper. I just drink plain herbal tea. I am enjoying a lemon tea at the moment. No sugar added. It is great. I also have a spice one. I would be enjoying a non-caffeinated green tea.  I do not drink a lot of plain water. I find that I leak if I drink too much anyway. So I limit my water and prefer to have flavoured water and herb tea is my solution.

No one mentioned meditation either. That is a time to repeat the current memory verse. That is a good time to question it and find some truths in the golden nugget that God has given you. Personally, I need to do more of this. 

One more way to fall asleep is to pray. I use this one the most often. It is easy and enough. The prayer is "Thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus. Amen." Repeat if necessary.   

I have tried to focus on the relaxation method as mentioned above and often fail. I find other thoughts are intercepting my focus.  And the same with the memory verse. But I find that with the 3 words I can focus and repeat them. I am not lost.  My sleep is sweet and no one troubles me there-in dream land. Combining deep breaths with praise is a very good way to fall asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment