Sunday, 8 July 2012

Found the slug hide out

I have old bricks that defined my garden. I started to move them yesterday and found where the slugs spent their daytime hours. So I picked up my salt shaker and started to save my garden from the destroyers of my beans. Slugs/snails do not mind eating weeds but often they are not as tasty as the vegetable greens. Maybe they can be an identifier of what is edible -if the holes in the leaves are getting bigger- it is edible. If there are no holes I guess the leaves are poisonous. And this is why I have so much buttercups- non- edible!!



 
As I was moving the bricks I found a whole community of worms, beetles, slugs, pill worms and centipedes. I did not see any ants though. Some of these bugs eat smaller bugs and  some eat roots. But birds get to eat these bugs- if they can find.

Yesterday I just put together the words, slug and sluggard as in the book of Proverbs. Just lays there eating up someone else's work.
  I just wanted to show some photos of these critters. I am not talking evolution here. I am stating that these little critters were created by all powerful, all knowing Creator. Each detail  has not been over looked or misplaced for over 5,000 years. Nothing was adapted. Nothing was removed. Get over it, Darwin (1809- 1882) did not know about DNA. He was just a grumpy old man who wrote a book. 

He was Satan's answer to Carl Linnaeus(1707-1778) a Swedish botanist and his friend Peter Artdei (1705 –1735). These two men set out to give a name to every living plant and creature known at that time. They are responsible for giving everything a Latin name so that everyone on earth will know what was being spoken or written about no matter where they were from. Linnaeus also classified different the plants into genus and species of families of similar features including the number of stamens and stigmas.
 Wow. Talk about a life's mission.  And when Linnaeus was done with the plants he continued to work on the animals as his friend had drown in a lake at the Museum in Amsterdam, Netherlands. (The largest zoo at the time)  
  No one but a man inspired by all mighty God could have done this in 1730. I think the Latin was chosen because it was a "dead language" and would not change.  And these two men did not even speak English. I think Darwin had an edge in speaking English and writing in English. 
   I wonder if they knew we would still be using their terms 300 years later? I am glad they  did not come after Darwin.  God was already on the job and had completed the work.


No comments:

Post a Comment