Thursday, 24 May 2012

Strangers = Angels?

I am publishing a Devotional  Book that my late Uncle Helmut wrote. He wrote about Abraham and other Bible characters. 
As I was writing yesterday I  was reminded of this story.

My dad had received this new job in a new town in Ontario. It was with the Salvation Army.  But my dad decided to go undercover to see how the men(people) were treated in the men's hostel that he was to be an assistant manager of. He even did a perm and trimmed his beard I am not sure why he kept it.- maybe to blend in.  

We had taken our holidays on our way there. We arrived a few days sooner as well and slept in our tent at a local campsite. We were in Northern Ontario along with the mosquitoes.

He was not treated nicely. It might have been his skin colour as he tans very well. So his goal in this new appointment was to treat every stranger as if they the angels in the story of Abraham no matter their what their circumstances were. 

No comments:

Post a Comment