Saturday, 19 May 2012

Making dirt

 For many years I have wanted to add new dirt to my garden. I thought this was the answer to my low harvest.
But I would buy the dirt and still nothing really happened to change anything. Then I thought I just needed more of it.  Then a few years ago I decided to add produce to my garden and found rats, and mice in my house  so I was forced to give up that idea. 
So this year, I have decided to make compost in my gardening pots and then add the top layer of soil and my seeds at the end.  It is working well so far.
So when I add the worms to the potato peelings, tea leaves, coffee grounds and old newspapers they turn it into rich soil.  It is a neat way to go.
 There are several sites helping you complete the task. This one site offers a list of other places to go.

2 comments:

  1. You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

    Lets keep writing and share your information to us.

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I am able to help others!

    ReplyDelete