Just spent a little time in my garden today. Gardening takes a lot of work. And muscles that have long since melted into butter.
The seeds that I placed in the bags a few weeks ago are growing. But so far they only have 2 leaves each. So I will wait for them to grow a little more for the transplanting but I have started to move a few though just to make sure.
I have started to clean the plastic pots. This is not so easy as it looks. I would like to paint them soon as well. But my husband is not so sure. We will see how that goes after the cleaning.
I have made my first order of seeds from EBay. I am unable to find melons, kale, or chia seeds in the local market place. No wonder I have not grow these plants before.
I also divided my herbs from the previous years, thus allowing them to grow better. I have so many pot that have been collected over the past 8 years. I never noticed them until this year. Crazy. I found about 6 small pots and about 6 larger ones as well. I will give away the smaller planters with some of the herbs for spring birthdays, anniversaries etc.
I have such a long way to go until we have enough plants to be self-sufficient in the eating department. That is my goal any way as I am not sure what next year will bring. So I am planning and preparing the soil for a bumper crop this year. December 2012 is a mysterious time for sure. According to the prophecies there may be a distribution in regular life for about 6 months.
My worm collection is growing and wiggling.
No comments:
Post a Comment