Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Control

Attitude makes such a difference in life. And the best thing about attitude is that we have control over it.
We do not have control over others but only ourselves. We can find the "how" to make the money needed or we can just sit still and moan, complain that we do not have enough. 
 I guess that is one thing about my mom that I admired most. She did what she could to help us out. We did not go to church camp as kids but we went to Girl Guide camp. We did not join any sports team after school it was Girl Guides. It was not about completion but about team work. 
  Buying the flour for the bread she could make. Buying the apples and not the pie, that she could make. Teaching us to value our own designs when it came to embellishing our rooms.  We could do the embroidering and not just the lady in another country.  
She embroider many tea towels with her own designs. She loved the liquid embroidery. It was fabric paint really. As I am writing this I am remembering. I knit my own sweaters, I have painted t-shirts and sweat-shirts as well. Maybe I am following her example.




  She valued others who did the same as she did. She gave away many old and tattered coats to folks who would turn them into blankets.  She had her own recycling going on 40 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment