Wednesday, 15 February 2012

A Modern Gold Mine in your Home

IN my search for modern day gold- as found in computers I started an account with the government auction house.  I can even bid on items over the internet like EBay. It is very neat and tidy. I am learning what the government is doing with my tax money too. The bigger items are not selling very well. We can even bid on Olympic Flags and so on. No computers though. 

But we have seen them on the edge of driveways and in dumpsters  and have left them there not realizing we could exact the gold and other precious metals from them. 

 

I am sure the gold miners with the gold fever from the 1800's would be very interested in learning how to extract this yellow metal.   
But to actually get the yellow stuff off the the actual computer part will take time and a chemical bath.

Here is a video showing you how to do this:

                                     

So there is now no excuse to be poor!! Bill Gates is a very smart man. Sort of like a Santa Claus with his elves. With all the unemployed folks out there with more time then money this is a neat way to spend that "free time".  
For those who do not want to do the actual chemical bath process but don't mind finding the computers and taking them apart- people are selling the actual parts on E Bay and are making money that way too.  I  was surprised to see that while looking for "chemical kits" on E Bay.  I did not see any chemical "kits" yet.    I found kits to identify the different metals though. 
My husband was shocked to see these videos as he has donated, thrown away and ignored so many  "broken" computers over the past 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment