Monday, 9 January 2012

Taxes and Benifits

Do other countries have taxes to complete each year? I know the United States have income taxes to complete each year like we do. Income taxes was started to help pay for the  WWII. Oh well.
People often get professionals to complete them. But as an independent business owner, an entrepreneur we have more forms to fill and to file. And of course each piece of paper they fill is more money. No matter how much money we have made.
So I began to do my own taxes without help. Then, the following year I decided to look on-line for help. My husband's company was not as lucrative as anticipated. But it kept him busy and he liked the feel of being the boss-man of his one man show.  But we still needed to do taxes.  I wanted to find a company that would do the calculations for me once I placed in the appropriate numbers.
  I have found an on-line company that will do it all for free if we make under $20,000.00. I put in the numbers and the form is filled. Then we can file it on-line as well. This is a nice feature too now. There is no travel time. It is instant.
This is all good. But this year as I was reviewing the benefits that I was entitled  to I found a new one that I did not know about it. It was newly introduced last year so maybe the software company did not know about it. I have since applied for it. So hopefully I will get it sooner then then later.
So always check the government website for news.

No comments:

Post a Comment