Sunday, 13 November 2011

The soliders from Morrocco

I watched a movie yesterday. It was about the Africans who went to Italy to help liberate France from the Nazis. They were the ones that went into the Italian mountains to take out the German defenses on the Gustav line. Without their dedication the war would have been longer. The end of the movie was sad though. The single remaining solider was ignored and not  honored. He choose to stay in France to take care of the graves of his friends. The people of Alsace, France knew of them though. The movie is Days of Glory. If you have a chance watch it.
I wonder how many heroes of wars we forget. What would life be like if Hitler did succeed?

The whole Italy affair is still a mystery to me. They changed sides half way through.Then Germany invaded them and then the Allies came racing after the Germans hoping to stop them from capturing Rome. That is what I see. I really need to find that book by Winston Churchill!

No comments:

Post a Comment