I enjoy writing best when it is completely silent in my house. Everything is turned off and there is silence. I am able to zone in and speak from my heart. Sometimes my husband is up and the tv is on and it is hard to find "my mind".
As a teenager I use to like it when my parents left for wherever and my sister was gone. I had the house to myself. I just enjoyed that peace too. Some people get crazy when they are not supervised. Some immediately turn on the TV or radio. But it is hard to think with all the distractions.
I was single for about 10 years before I met my husband. At first I was always looking for "Mr. Right". I was sad that I didn't find him. Then in about year 5 I realized that this was a good thing. I could come and go as I pleased. I can paint, read, write, shop as I wanted. I started to enjoy it. It was a time of healing. That was where I grew close to the Heavenly Father.
I did not have the salary to travel etc. But I was happy just as I was and where I was in life. I found that contentment is an inside job and an inside joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment