I made some vegetable tea the other day. I boiled some beets, some carrots and some squash all in the same pot. The pieces were large. You see I was making tea. I will add the tea to the sweet fruit juice. The kids will get the nutrients from the veggies. The carrots were going bad in the store so I got them for a real good price. The zucchini squash I grew in my garden. And the beets were a good price.The carrots looked bad until I pealed them and all was looking good again.
I will add the tea to the juice. I will add this new juice to the home made yogurt and I will blend. At the moment I am diluting the yogurt with green tea and adding strawberry jam to my daughter's smoothie and she is liking that. I am then adding more fruit to my son's drink. I am not sure if I will replace the green tea or just add it all together.
So for pennies a glass my children are exposed to something new and unusual and yet good for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment