Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Drying Herbs

and on the end of our curtain rail
The easiest way of preserving herbs/tea ingredients is by drying them. Last year I was able to dry outside but not this year so I am hanging them all over the house. I am hoping to get a few "harvests" in this  year.  
on the door,
the end of the book shelf,



I was really trying to avoid a bad harvest that might come as the weather gets hotter and drier.
At the moment the pictures contain: dandelion leaves, plaintin leaves, mint, lemon balm, ladies mantle and yarrow. I am not sure what the future holds but I will be ready!!
The best time to pick your medcial herbs(weeds) is just after the dew is gone. When "all the plant cells are ready for action." It is amazing how our Father takes care of his children...when we are in tune with His providing ways, and ready to receive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment