Thursday, 8 January 2015

Harvest for the urban farmer- a guaranteed harvest of weeds



This is part of my "bounty" from my backyard. I do not have much space inside to hang the drying leaves so I found something outside that did the trick. 
The sticks are from the Hazel Tree. I just use them in tea as well as the leaves. I was hoping to make a bracelet from it put that was taking too much time. 

Do not try to dry purslane. Just eat it fresh. The omega 3 oils really do not allow the leaves to dry. That is what I learned this year, and more that you eat the more you will have. 

It is interesting that my harvesting, encourages the plants to make more. I guess another word for harvest is pruning. 

All the dried leaves made their way to bags of loose tea. I am making my way through that now. I brew the tea in the morning and drink it all day long -room temperature. 



No comments:

Post a Comment