Friday, 2 November 2012

Grace

I have truly discovered grace, found in Jesus of the Old and New Testament.

There is nothing that I can do to change my future or my past. 
I was wondering what I needed to do in order to find God's favour and blessing. 
I felt as if I had lost the way. There was no money and I was in line at the food bank for over a year. We had fallen behind in the rent and the bills. 


Since I have found grace, I have discovered that there is nothing that I can do. God has already done it 2,000 years ago. 

And the amount that I tithe, or the way that I arrange the furniture has no effect on His mercy.  

I am still wondering about food though. I am trying to find the perfect menu to lose these 90lbs. But I have asked God to take that too. He has yet to make it disappear, but in the meantime he has healed my uterus. So I continue to drink the green tea. I have also discovered oolong tea.

I have also started to look at giving a little different too. God requires the first 10% not the last 10% in order to bless the other 90%. This is part of the principle of the Festival of First
Fruits. This holiday is still celebrated in Israel. It is the time when they give a 10% of the initial crops. This celebration occurs 50 days after passover. It is also the time when the Jews celebrate the giving of the 10 commandments.  They now include the whole Torah, but the Torah was not written at until later as Moses wrote it based on the inspiration of god and he was a little busy in the first few months of the Israeli liberation.


I am finding this an interesting perspective. I am starting to see a positive change in our finical life. I am only able to tithe my income, not my husband's. But even so we are both being blessed. It seems so little. But it is the heart and not the amount that God finds pleasing.  Sometimes our spouses have a hard time giving money away. In those cases we can buy and give the food to the pastor of the church, or to the food bank. 

Grace. It has always been in the Bible. I did not understand why we think we can earn God's favour. Since my eyes have been open, I no longer live in guilt. I am living in joy.
It is the Devil that has influenced the church today. God's glory has been hidden in traditions. 

 No wonder we have not seen the miracles as found in the Book of Acts.  I have also come to understand that it is not our English Bible has not been inspired. The original has been inspired. The original languages of Hebrew and Greek expresses God's true directions and desires. Even the translations have had  alterations that encourage us to believe that works are needed to earn God's unmerited favour. 

The Protestant Churches have had leaders that also had a difficult time with the traditions of man as they went back to the original Greek and Hebrew letters. Men like Martin Luther, Jan Huss,  and  Petr Chelčický,   found grace lacking in their daily walk.  But they found it waiting for them in the Scriptures.

It is easy to find the original translations on the internet. I can punch in the scripture verses and find about 20 translations at one time, including Greek and Hebrew.  There is no need to live in darkness any longer. 

Grace can also be seen in the Eucharist also called Holy Communion, the Sacrament of the Altar, the Blessed Sacrament, the Lord's Supper. It is easy to get caught up in the superstitions surrounding this particular meal- snack, including who can administer and partake of it. In some places you need to be a baptized believer of that that particular church in order to join in the "meal."  I have come to believe that any follower of Christ can indeed drink the "wine" and eat the "bread" as we remind ourselves of the sacrifice that Christ has done to make us free. And we do not need  to be in a church to it.  We are reminding ourselves of the Grace that surrounds our lives. 

 It is his love that shed the blood. It is the blood of Jesus that satisfies God's demand for sinlessness and nothing that we can do.  We can not change God's favour towards Jesus either.  It is finished. The penalty for our sin has been paid for. The bread represents the daily provision that God gives us. It reminds us of the manna that was given to the children of Israel as they walked through the wilderness. 

This is why we can  include it our daily devotional time. Perhaps it is a great way to show your children and reluctant husband of God's mercy.  I too will try to bring this to the supper table with my husband. I have started my own day with "communion"  in the morning but come to think about it this is a better way to for everyone to begin the day as well as end it.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment