Tuesday, 18 September 2012

an interesting movie

   In recent days we have witnessed an interesting method of promotion of  a movie, "The Innocence of Muslim". We watched the trailer on You-Tube after we heard about the violence and murders it has been blamed for on the news. I am not sure why --how anyone could be so upset about a historical figure  to kill others or was this movie  just "released" at the right time. 

Like the riots in Vancouver during and after the Stanley Cup in 2011. The rioters were already on the bus before the game had even started. Their intention was to cause havoc in downtown Vancouver and so they did.  
I am sure the producer of the film did not mean to have anyone die. But he did want to wake up the west to the truth of the creator of the Muslim faith. Even with that  we have only part of the picture of Mohammed. Why has this not been done before? Mission accomplished!!
 
   I am sure the US ambassador to Libya had already been targeted for death before the movie was even seen. He was already known in the region. It was only  a moment. Was he an innocent victim? I am not sure. I say that only because he had helped to liberate a nation. Not every one wants to be liberated. Not everyone likes change.  And some of those sort of people carry guns. I am sure he knew his days were numbered and he did the most he could to help the Libyan people before his death. He has joined the ranks of  other leaders who have been shot down by radical Muslims including Benazir Bhutto in  2007, and Colonel Bo Brekke {Territorial Commander of The Salvation Army's Pakistan Territory} in 2007.

If you are looking for a good newspaper that is impartial to any political agenda please read the news at  http://www.csmonitor.com. One of my teachers recommended it while I was in high school and it still is a good place to start. It deals with both sides of the stories. And it is not afraid to dig a little deeper.  I am sure there are other newspapers out there, of course. 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment