Monday, 4 June 2012

chives

Another over looked herb is chive. I have had this hardy plant growing in my garden for about 6 years. I never really knew too much about it until last week. Again, I was surprised by the power of such a small plant.
Here are some of the things I dug up about this plant.


  •  beneficial for the respiratory system
  • Help the body in digesting fatty foods, such as cheese.
  • fatigue, consuming chives can serve to be a good remedy.
  •  they can reduce obesity and fluid retention.
  • chives help reduce the risk of prostate cancer, by as much as 50 percent.
  • mild anti-inflammatory properties.
  •  is believed to help heal bruises and kill germs in the intestines.
  • High in Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper, Manganese, Thiamin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus and Zinc
 I am now placing chives in my sauces, and sandwich spread.  It is an amazing plant. There is an assortment  of this plant as well. 

I am still on the hunt for a dandelion. Strange how it has disappeared from my neighbor hood. I almost think and feel that it's ban has been influenced by Satan. He would like us sickly. Spending lots of money to get well- when all we may need is some dandelion leaves.





No comments:

Post a Comment