Sunday, 29 April 2012

A twist on the traditional pancake!

New twist on an old theme pancakes- flap jacks. 
2 eggs
1 tbs baking powder
2 cups of coconut milk
1/2 cup of milk
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 of water ( use if needed)
2 cups of wheat flour
2 cups of chick pea flour
Add about 1 tsp vanilla flavoring and 1 tsp of maple flavoring
A pinch of salt
Mix it all up together.
Dough should be a little runny.
Place dough by the spoonful unto the hot griddle.

You can eat these with syrup as well. 
I make my own. I have 1 cup of hot water, I have 2 cups of sugar and 1tsp of maple flavoring. 
Or sometimes fruit with homemade yogurt  is placed on the pancake.
Easy and nutritious.

Chick pea flour, coconut milk and raw sugar can all be found your local East Indian store.

No comments:

Post a Comment