Saturday, 17 March 2012

Soup



I use to just boil rice and noodles in plain water. I have stopped that.
 Everything can be flavoured with a bouillon. I have started to also add more veggies to the boiling water to add flavour. I then take out the vegetables and set it aside for later.
 The kids get the noodle water- clear soup now along with the noodles, and I get the vegetables. I have started to "blend" the greens, reds, and yellows together and make myself a very thick and yummy drink.
Vegetable soup is very economical especially when you can use "discarded" veggies. Now I can start to add the dried tofu I found at the East Indian Grocer for the protein.
This type of protein source is even better then the regular meat.

It is certainly a time for new ideas as the prices for meat and other things continues to rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment