Sunday, 6 November 2011

Fried rice

This is a great menu item for leftovers in your fridge especially on the weekend. Cut up whatever veggies that in your fridge. I would not include beets but everything else is good. Heat it up on your stove. Add a little oil. then add your rice. I would add a little sauce-like soya sauce or Bar B Que sauce of some sort. We have this Vegetable seasoning powder. It is organic and has no preservatives in it. Instead of MSG and other fillers it has flavour. It is so good. Mix it up together. This spice makes everything better-eggs, meat, noodles.
My husband introduced me to this meal a few years ago. I thought you could only get fried rice from the local Chinese restaurant.  I was so wrong!! They have their version with the MSG and I have mine without.
I remember thinking I had nothing to cook.  There was not enough of any one thing to make a meal. So he goes into the same fridge and pulls out the one hamburger, the cup of peas, the can of corn, the 1/2 cup of carrots, the 1/2 onion and turned it into a meal with the rice.
The kids did not like the rice at first so I would cook up the veggies and then divide the mixture in half. Make half with the noddles and half with the rice. I have recently stopped doing that as over half of the world eats rice and so will my kids. They have noodles at other times of the day anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment