My children are home schooled. I was thinking it would save me money. I won't have to dress them up as models in the latest fashions, or buy the "tredy" books to be acceptable.
My daughter is also a little slow on her feet as she has cerebral palsy.
Since last June we have been registered with an independent school located in Surrey, BC.
This has allowed me more freedom to teach them other subjects including the Bible if I so desire. They have science textbooks that promote the Creator. I was having a hard time teaching them the lies of Darwin. He had some interesting ideas-like spontaneous life, and survival of the "fittest".
So this year we are writing about trips. We went on a trip this summer. So they wrote about that. Now they writing about going to the northern tundra of Canada as Jedi's going to a Star Wars conference. Then we are going back in time and write about their great-grand parents journey to Canada. My mom has this book about the life in Russia as a German.
As I was reading I realized that the Mongols had "cleared out" the former inhabitants and "made" room for the pacifist Germans.
No comments:
Post a Comment