Monday, 12 September 2011

sleepy dreams

I was thinking one of our resources that God has given each one is sleep. I was thinking how can I use sleep more effectively. I came across this recorded radio show on sleep recently. It is called "All about sleep" by Jeff Warren. Very interesting. No one studied sleep until recently as everyone figured it was boring. But it is not. Our bodies go into REM sleep where our minds are basically awake. Nothing is impossible there. We can indeed leap tall buildings, fly through the air...find our ideal mate, talk to historical figures. Crazy things can happen to us there too. We can also be chased by monsters, be in the middle of an earthquake, or a flood. This is where great musicians, athletes, artists find the missing pieces they were practicing earlier in the day.
So if they can do it so can I make use of this amazing resource-even though I am not a great musician, or an athlete. So I started to think of what my perfect day would look like. But I started to wonder how do I bring in all the elements of my life together in a "perfect" day. This is not easy. I home school my two children, I am a wife with a husband that enjoys my stress relieving ways ( rubbing his feet, neck, back), my own exercise, visiting friends, making the meals, making an income. So I will have to do more pairing up to make everything fit together better. I would like to think that if I had my own wheels life would be easier.. but I will need to be able to fill the gas tank without worrying about the rent.  So I will need a source of finances. So I will be working on my prefect day this week.
  Once I figure that one out I will be living it in my dreams somehow. I will repeat my activities to my brain as I drift off to that land of mystery.
Last night I just imagined my pretend computerized knitting machine inside of my pretend studio inside of my pretend house.

No comments:

Post a Comment