This is a free activity in our community in BC. Blackberries grow very well in empty lots, roadsides, and beside the railway tracks. I sometimes go with my children. My daughter has a hard time getting into the act of picking. So yesterday I decided to take a folding chair and some crayons, paper and a bottle of water. She was happy in the shade doing her thing. My son was not so happy as he did not want to pick nor draw.
I then bring home the berries and freeze them in one layer on a cookie sheet. Today I will bag then for the winter or later and have them in a smoothie with home made yogurt. I will add some sugar at that time. Sometimes I will mix in apple juice, or whatever juice I have on hand instead of the sugar. The frozen blackberries go very well on pancakes with yogurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment