Some new ideas to save money.... use different berry teas for children-no need for kool aid. dilute fruit juices with appropriate teas, or green tea.
When shopping for items pick a price you want to spend on things like pasta and meat. I will try not to buy meat that is more then $5.00/kilogram or about $2.50/lbs. I have started to do this with pasta too. for pasta I try not to pay more then $1 for 450grams or about 8oz or is it 1lb. I am from Canada. This way I know that even if I buy a larger size of an item when a deal is a deal and not when the store tells me. I try to do this with cheese as well. Cans a little harder, as the sizes vary. And the size of the can is not 250gm or 1 cup it is more like 350gm, 450gm, 894gm
This one of the great things about Safeway. They do this measuring for me ahead of time. I can compare similar items easy there.
Last week I actually used my calculator to comparison shop with the fliers that had arrived in my mail box. You know, it does take time to make the best decisions. I do wish to get my groceries for free though. That is my goal. Some places will allow me to "double-up" as long as they are two different coupons for the same product. I have found that Superstore and Save-On-Foods here in BC will allow you to do this. I am not sure about other places.
Then there is the waiting for that item that you want or need to go on sale.
No comments:
Post a Comment